Presentation LRs

1) Type up your feedback in full including the ratings out of five for each of the categories.

WWW:
Very good slides
Good tagline

Reference to personal relationships

Mise en scene covered

Good re: digital media
+ industry
Audience demographics
+ theory
Good delivery + expression

Good summary
Good response to question
-keywords: antagonist

Concept: 3
Media Language: 3
Audience Theory: 3
Representation: 3
Industry: 3
Delivery: 4

19/30
(I feel like I was robbed ever so slightly)

EBI:
Change the title

Order SOI to paragraphs

More attention to narrative

Change stereotypical to conventional

Too much text on screen
-camerawork
no full sentences

More on psychographics 

Timing


2) Use this feedback, comments from peers and your own reflection on your presentation to self-assess and write your own detailed WWW and EBI for your coursework concept and presentation as a whole.

I think where my strengths lie is on my skills for communication. When I create something I'm passionate about, I get this instant urge to tell everyone about it. So for me, the way I carried myself throughout the presentation was the biggest strength for me, agreed between me and my peers. I think a lesser known WWW would be my inclusion of psychographics and demographics, as I think I was the only one to properly cover them in a dedicated slide. So my ability to talk about the audience and who they might be where definitely up there. Along with this, the way I spoke about the marketing side of things was brilliant also - alluding to HBO Max would be good for a diverse audience as they are mainly for Latin America. However some EBI's do include my timing, this for me was very poor as I'd talk and talk and then get forced to talk about the next slide even if I didn't finish it. This made for some pretty rushed parts in the presentation, with the biggest example as not being able to cover the "demographics" in "psychographics and demographics".

3) Write a paragraph discussing how your presentation will lead into your actual coursework production. Do you need to update your statement of intent? Does your concept offer enough clarity? Is it appropriate for the audience specified in the brief? Is it achievable to film with the resources you have available? Can you add media terminology or theory to your statement of intent now you have reflected on your presentation and seen others? 

At this moment in time, my statement of intent is going through drafts so it can b the best it could be. In addition to this, I've also triple checked the brief to make sure it absolutely fits the briefing - which it does. With the resources I have available, it is almost certain that I'll be able to fully finish my production. It is also well established in my presentation already that I'll be able to add terminology and other bits of theory into my statement of intent. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TV: Industry Contexts

Practical Study Task

Postcolonial blog tasks